Informative Press Releases for Travel
Press Release information you can use!
The following information is provided by the travel supplier or its public relations representative. The Traveler's Journal can accept no responsibility for the accuracy or validity of any material in this section.
TEL AVIV ANNUAL WHITE NIGHT FESTIVAL, JUNE 27
[Back to Press Releases Main]
TEL AVIV'S ANNUAL WHITE NIGHT FESTIVAL
TO FEATURE CITYWIDE ART, CULTURE
AND MUSIC EVENTS, JUNE 27
New York - May 29, 2013: Tel Aviv will host the 10th annual White Night Festival, a 24-hour event featuring citywide art, culture and music events, June 27.
The White Night Festival first started in 2003, in celebration of Tel Aviv being named a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its collection of more than 4,000 Bauhaus and International-style architecture buildings. Now in its 10th year, the festival will include a lineup of citywide street and indoor events, including:
- lighting displays projected onto 50 buildings along Rothschild Boulevard and Bialik Street
- music and theater performances on Rothschild Boulevard
- a "WiFi Headphones Party" at Rabin Square
- a sunrise music performance at Zuk Beach
- live music at the Jaffa Port
- ballroom dancing in the Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center lobby
- late-night shopping and music performances at the Jaffa flea market
- an Irish dance workshop
- and sunrise yoga at the Tel Aviv Port (Namal), among other activities
"The annual White Night Festival is one of Tel Aviv's most exciting events for locals and travelers alike," said Haim Gutin, Israel Commissioner for Tourism, North & South America. "We are excited for this year's festival which will help promote Tel Aviv as one of the world's most dynamic cities for arts and culture."
A selection of art galleries, cultural institutions, restaurants and nightclubs will remain open for extended late-night hours.
For more information about travel to Israel, visit www.goisrael.com.